These 15 Filipina celebrities have proven that even with unwanted pregnancies, one can become a great mother. Theirs may have been unplanned, and yet they were able to overcome all the negative comments and unwarranted speculations about their private lives to just focus on being a mother to their little bundles of joy.
These Filipina celebrities may have made mistakes that led to them having family lives earlier than expected, but they have surely made up for it – truly these are women of strength, beauty and grace.
1. Andi Eigenmann – At age 21, Andi became a mother, amidst controversies as to the identity of the father.
2. Jennylyn Mercado – Jennylyn was at the peak of her career in 2008 when she got pregnant with Patrick Garcia’s child.
3. Angelu de Leon – It came as a surprise when Angelu announced 18 years ago that she was pregnant with colleague Joko Diaz.
4. LJ Reyes – It has been eight years since LJ admitted she was pregnant with Paulo Avelino’s kid.
5. Bettinna Carlos – Now and then, Bettinna refuses to reveal the identity of Gummy’s father.
6. Sarah Lahbati – Sarah and Richard Gutierrez shook everyone when they announced in 2014 that they were expecting.
7. Katrina Halili – In 2012, Katrina announced she was pregnant with Kris Lawrence’s child.
8. Valerie Concepcion – Valerie was very young at 16 years old when her non-showbiz boyfriend got her pregnant.
9. Aiko Melendez – Aiko was also at the peak of her acting career when she unexpectedly carried Jomari Yllana’s kid.
10. Dina Bonnevie – Dina was only19 years old when she got pregnant with now-famous celebrity Danica Sotto-Pingris.
11. Jean Garcia – Jean was just a teenager when her boyfriend Jigo Garcia got her pregnant.
12. Carlene Aguilar – They tried to keep it discreet, but everyone eventually knew Carlene was pregnant with Dennis Trillo’s child.
13. Kris Aquino – Kris was 23 when she got pregnant with her panganay, Josh. The father was, of course, Philip Salvador.
14. Kylie Padilla – Engaged couple Kylie Padilla and Aljur Abrenica shook us all with news of their pregnancy.
15. Joana Marie Tan – Joana’s daughter is already 3 months old, but she still won’t reveal the father’s identity.
Kudos to these Filipina celebrities for taking the high road and keeping their children even though they were unplanned!
Did any of the stars on this list surprise you? What can you say to those facing the problem of unwanted pregnancies? How would you react if it was your daughter going through this? Let us know in the comments section below!