Like what Alessandra de Rossi said, we can never find fault in artists who transfer networks. Audiences will talk about loyalty but let us not forget that these people are probably the breadwinners of their family. Both veteran and young artists will favor the stations that can give them the projects that they need in order to build a better life for themselves and their loved ones.
For young talents who are still making their mark in the industry, it shouldn’t be frowned upon if they decide to test the waters on the other side. This is why certain talents from TV5 and ABS-CBN moved to a new home.
GMA Artist Center welcomed the new additions to their roster last March 22, 2018. Some of these famous names are:
1. Shaira Mae Dela Cruz – Shaira is a former TV5 actress who was seen around the GMA premises before. She starred in “Trops” before she became an official Kapuso talent. The young lady is set to appear in a film called “Because I Love You” starring alongside David Licauco.
2. Kyline Alcantara – Perhaps enjoying the decision of moving to GMA-7, Kyline is now recognized as an impressive actress because of her explosive performance in “Kambal, Karibal” alongside Bianca Umali. Kyline was a former ABS-CBN star who starred in “Annaliza” and “Born For You.”
3. Kelley Day – From lighting up the “It’s Showtime” stage alongside her fellow GirlTrends members, Kelley decided to sign an exclusive contract with the Kapuso network. She is currently starring in the primetime show “The One That Got Away.”
4. Patricia Tumulak – Now, we can’t say that this is a network transfer because Patricia first appeared in “Eat Bulaga!” But now, this beautiful TV host can commit to more acting jobs because she is now part of the GMA Artist Center.
5. Donita Nose – Donita is now 100 percent a Kapuso artist. Known for her hosting duties in “Wowowin,” the comedian will appear in the upcoming concert entitled “Oh Boy.”
6. Joaquin Manansala – This handsome young man is one of the network’s discoveries. We’re excited to see what Joaquin can do on the screen, whether it’s for television or film.
7. JBK group – Kapuso has scored the hunky musicians Kim Ordonio, Bryan del Rosario and Joshua Bulot who are famously known for auditioning for “The X Factor UK” back in 2014.
What can you say about young artists transferring to other networks? Do you think that it was a smart career decision? Have we forgotten other stars who moved to a rival station? Share your thoughts, reactions, and opinions in the comments section below!