In showbiz, there is such a thing called ‘chemistry’ between two celebrities. This chemistry, while very hard to define and to manufacture artificially, is crucial to the development of celebrities’ careers. More often than not, it determines the success, or failure, of a starlet’s career.
Here are some celebrity pairings that did not work well:
1. JM De Guzman and Lauren Young
The two were given lead roles in the 2011 remake of the 1997 teleserye “Mula sa Puso.” The remake, however, failed to equal the original’s success, and the same is the case Lauren and JM’s ill-fated pairing.
2. Bea Alonzo and Dennis Trillo
Bea and Dennis were paired in the short-lived teen-oriented series “K2BU”. However, the series only ran for eight months, and along with it was Bea and Dennis’ love team.
3. Kim de los Santos and Dingdong Dantes
When Kim and Dingdong were paired as a couple, the two already have their respective love team partners. Kim had Dino Guevarra while Dingdong had Antoinette Tau. This may have made the Kim and Dingdong love team rather awkward.
5. Coco Martin and Jessy Mendiola
In 2010’s “Kung Tayo’y Magkakalayo”, Jessy Mendiola made a guest appearance that paired her to Coco. However, she had to do an early exit as she was slated to do “Gimik 2010”, thus leaving the Coco-Jessy love team as it is.
Here are other love teams who did not make the cut:
6. Alex Gonzaga and Xian Liam
7. Maja Salvador and John Prats
8. Jolina Magdangal and James Blanco
9. Zanjor Marudo and Megan Young
10. Loiuse de los Santos and Derrick Monasterio
11. Joyce Ching and Enzo Pineda
12. Sam Concepcion and Coleen Garcia
13. Sam Concepcion and Devon Seron
14. Yasmien Kurdi and Dion Ignacio
Do you know any other short-lived celebrity pairings? Share your thoughts in the comments section!