Have you ever heard of the lyric that goes, “Heartbreak’s never easy to take but can we still be friends?” We’re sure you remember that famous Mandy Moore song about calling it quits but accepting that you can still be civil towards each other. Well, these celebrity couples definitely took that song to heart and decided to become good friends after trying to be together romantically. Here are some of your favorite celebrity ex-couples who are still friends.
Check them out here:
1. Rufa Mae Quinto and Erik Santos – The comedienne and singer decided to call it quits back in 2007. However, they kept in touch, and Erik even attended Rufa Mae’s birthday bash in 2015.
2. Rachelle Ann Go and Christian Bautista – This singing couple also broke up in 2007. However, Christian remains supportive or Rachelle and even paid her a visit in London while she was doing ‘Miss Saigon’.
3. Kristoffer Martin and Joyce Ching – Yes, this couple’s pairing may not widely known, but they’re one of the few who remained good friends after ending their relationship in 2013.
4. Regine Velasquez and Ariel Rivera – These two go way back in the 90s, and their relationship ended then in 1995. However, they recently reunited for a musical show in 2014 and were very civil towards each other.
5. Janno Gibbs and Manilyn Reynes – They broke up in 1988 but the two still get along well until now.
6. Willie Revillame and Princess Punzalan – The couple broke up in 2003, but Princess remains supportive of her ex-husband.
7. Jennilyn Mercado and Patrick Garcia – This ex-couple has a son between them both, yet despite this fact they remain good friends up until now.
8. Jennilyn Mercado and Mark Herras – Jennilyn seems to be good at being friends with her exes, so it’s no surprise that she remained friends with Mark after their split in 2005.
9. Rhian Ramos and KC Montero – It was a happy and civil breakup for the two in 2013. They remain friends until today.
10. Solenn Heussaff and Derek Ramsay – Although the beautiful pairing of Solenn and Derek ended in 2006, the two starred together in a film in 2015 and remain in good terms.
11. Claudine Barretto and Mark Anthony Fernandez – The OG love team – this couple thought they would end up marrying each other and tattooed each other’s surnames on their arms. Sadly, they broke up in 1998. Still, they preserved the love between them and kept their friendship.
12. Kris Aquino and Herbert Bautista – The whirlwind romance of these two kept everyone guessing, with Herbert even proposing to Kris twice. They broke up in 2014 but both of them are such good friends that they even joke about getting married from time-to-time.
What can you say about these ex-couples’ decision to keep their friendship? Do you still want to be friends with your ex? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!